My Absolute favorite on this list is #40 because I know in my heart it’s so true. I also believe that the best wisdom comes from people who have led truly full lives like the woman who wrote this list. Wonderful advice! Planning to print this out and post it in my office.
Lessons Life Has Taught Me written by 90 Year old Regina Brett
Reblog from Morning Story and Dilbert
Written by Regina Brett, 52 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio.
“To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I’ve ever written.”
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- When in doubt, just take the next small step.
- Life is too short – enjoy it.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
- Pay off your credit cards every month.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
- Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
- It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
- Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
- When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
- It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
View original post 345 more words