It was such a nice surprise this morning to find out I got nominated by Nicole (Mrs. Mudpies) from the lovely blog mudpiesandsunshine. To have made it into her top 10 websites for this award is an honour in and of itself! I continue to be extremely appreciative that people read my blog and enjoy it. When I first started muffins&mocha I was unsure what my central focus was going to be that I would post/blog about. I’ve realized that my page is not meant to have one 🙂 My desire is to inspire, share, and listen to anything and everything around me that I find important. Blogging has helped me vent and realize more about myself than I ever knew before. Thank you to not only wordpress for being FREE and allowing me to do this but to my followers and friends who comment, read, and nominate me.
THE 10 NOMINEES :
everythingunderthesunandmore (for the wonderful comments & passion for being healthy)
Trying Not To Be Fat (your weight loss success is a huge inspiration to me)
scribbles&sprinkles (cute blog with yummy recipes!)
The Grey Tabby (new blog with DIY ideas. Also huge plus that she loves her cat like I love my chihuahua!)
Love The Grows (cute DIY ideas! Looking forward to trying them out)
The Shepherds Presence (wonderful stories that tie in Christian principles)
fancyfork (The food in the photographs makes me hungry! Everything looks delish)
mischievouseyez (This is a new blog to me as well! Has made me laugh! Writer has a students understanding of college 🙂
sethsnap (beautiful photography of wildlife, landscape, anything, and everything.)
themindscabin (deep stories that are beautifully written)
A few new ones and a few favs 🙂 Love you guys. Thanks for hanging in there with me!!!! Yall are all so inspirational in different ways ❤
10 questions that must be answered:
- 1. What inspired you to start blogging? The book Blog Inc by Amy Cho! I could not afford the book so I would go to starbucks and get a white chocolate mocha and a blueberry muffin to read about how blogging works! 🙂
- 2. How did you come up with the name for your blog? I tried out several names. Originally I was “The Silly Owl” but it definitely did not fit me. Muffins and Mocha are warm, comforting, and who does not love them haha! I would like my readers to get a warm and inviting feeling from my blog and remember it as a place they want to revisit.
- 3 What is your favorite blog that you like to read? Due to having several I frequent I cannot label just one 🙂 There are many that mean a lot to me and even more that WILL mean a lot to me when I am able to read them!
- 4 Tell about your dream job (maybe you’re doing it now!)? I have realized recently that I want to become a Social Worker. Final Decision. I can see myself being a counselor or working one on one in some type of therapy program.
- 5 Is your glass half full or half empty? Half empty the majority of the time but I am working to fix it. I would like a full glass. And I agree with Ms. Mudpie, WINE in the glass is very important!
- 6 If you could do anywhere for a week’s vacation, where would you go? Hawaii! I’ve been waiting to see clear blue water my entire life ❤
- 7. What food can you absolutely not eat? I’m keeping the answer to this as well. SEAFOOD. oh & Mushrooms!
- 8. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? not huge chocolate eater but it would have to be milk chocolate
- 9. How much time do you spend blogging-in other words, are you one of those lucky people who can dash off a blog post in no time, or like me and take forever on one post to get it just right? Honestly, between school, working, cooking etc I have a huge lack of time but I MAKE time to do this because I really enjoy it. If you make something a priority that you enjoy I have found it gets done.
- 10. Do you watch TV-if so what are some of your favorite shows? Well there are only a few main shows I watch. Right now I’m watching the Bachelor with my girls (friends not kids haha). We get together once a week, have snacks, wine, and just laugh at the insanity of this show. Also, I’ve been a Judge Judy watcher my entire life. I seriously watch her every night along with Judge Joe Brown. Shark Tank is interesting and inspiring too! I enjoy it when I see people come up with crazy cool inventions. It’s also funny to see some that are ummm…. creatively strange haha!