You know those powerful stories that just really hit you in the heart? The ones that make you evaluate the type of person you are and the sacrifices you would make for another? This story/video about two brothers is amazing. The little brother was born with Cerebral Palsy while the older brother was not. The bond they shared and the way in which they figured out how to connect is really inspirational. I wanted to share this one with yall.
Sportskid of the Year 2012
I thought I would make a post about how to get nominated for an award on my page. I remember when I first started I wondered about how to get nominated. Now, some people don’t take these blog awards very seriously or participate in general. That is fine because it’s a personal choice. But this post is for those that do participate, find putting a blog award on their page fun, and feel motivated by their readers who take the time to give the nomination. Personally, I love to be nominated! I find it flattering & fun. So here we go…..
How to get *noticed* on Muffins & Mocha
Use my first name when you post on my page or refer to me
Comment on articles occasionally or often
Click the “Like” button or Stars at the bottom of my posts
- Nominate my page for an award
- Share my posts with others
- Compliment or give constructive criticism
- Participate in Blog Parties or Giveaways
I also want to say that, from my heart, I appreciate each and every follower that I have. Having a blog would not be this much fun without you guys. There is also such a wide variety of blogs following me! I love the diversity and interest people have taken in Muffins & Mocha! As much as I wish there were time in my day to visit everyone’s page, there sadly is not. I want to give all those that follow me a chance at awards but to do so I need my lovely followers to read the above and help me with this goal. Again, any of the above stands out.
If you see the same people getting continuously nominated for different awards I want you to know that it’s not because I am trying to play “favorites.” It’s due to the fact that these blogger friends have fit some or all of the above “How to get noticed on Muffins & Mocha” list. Occasionally, I will choose a new follower or a great blog I’ve checked out to give an award too. But just to make it easier for everyone, I thought I would post this too so that everyone has a better chance.
Have a great day ! ❤
I got up this morning to discover that Valerie from AtlantaMomofThree had nominated me for One Lovely Blog Award!! Really happy to have this award because it means that someone truly enjoys my blog. It’s also an award which I have not received yet which is awesome 🙂 It has been added to my Awards Page . Thank you Valerie for the nice compliment you added to the award. I’m thankful you enjoy what I write and continue to be a reader. The articles on your page are fabulous as well! ❤ I appreciate & respect that we both love blogging, reading, and helping others on a daily basis.
The RULES for accepting the award:
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog(s).
Post the award image in your acceptance post.
List seven random facts about yourself.
Nominate others for the award and notify them on their blog.
♦ ♦ ♦
My 7 random facts:
- I’m about to graduate! (Summer 2013)
- I really want another tattoo
- Hope to have a garden one day
- Have 2 precious trouble maker fur babies (Daisy & Duke)
- Am avoiding an Abnormal Psychology test that is due 😉
- Since I am too poor to buy magazines I take pictures of things in them that I like to remember haha!
- Really enjoying this blog & my followers blogs!! ❤ ❤ ❤
Nominees to be continued…… (I will nominate some people but need a bit of time on this!)
I received the Shine On award tonight from Marie at My Mom Thoughts. She has been a loyal follower and active commenter on my board for as long as I can remember. Thank you so much for giving me a nice surprise tonight and allowing me to pass it on! Oh and I’m like you about the nap times and the meals! I don’t even have kids but I can appreciate nap time when I do childcare 🙂
Here are the rules:
Display the award logo on your blog page.
Link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
Tell seven things about yourself.
Nominate 10 other bloggers who are deserving of this award.
7 Things about myself:
I love reading AllYou magazine
I’m obsessed with “rescuing” plants that are unwanted
My three fav shows are Judge Judy, Shark Tank, and Bachelorette
I’ve learned that I really love wine! Both white and red (sparkling is a huge plus)
I struggle with Body Dismorphic Disorder, PTSD, and Depression
Recently started a photography website: www.jennylauraphotography.com
Hoping to open an Etsy store soon
Sun N Sand Vacations
Thank you to all my nominees for following, posting, and/or being a huge inspiration to me. ❤ Even if I do not visit your page often, please know that I appreciate you. Things have been very busy lately with school and such!
Well, today is going well!! 2nd blog award today!! ❤ I love this award because it is such a compliment to what I take time to write about. Thank you so much to ImThatKay for the nomination and seeing beauty in my blog!
This award does was 15 nominations so this will take me a bit too. Please give me some time as I have 2 blog awards that now need nominations.
7 Things About Me
I love Watermelon Flavored Strawberry Gum
I say whatever to not eating raw eggs and totally eat cake batter when I’m craving it!
Though I love English, I’m going to consider the idea of ever taking another English class again (on 4th English class this semester!)
I will be graduating this summer!
I’m a member of PTK
I love reading true stories (ex. Girl Interrupted) of people who have had hard lives or biographies
I swear a lot more now than I used too
I recieved another wonderful “Very Inspriational Blog Award” !!
This one is from aristonorganic who’s page is located here. Her page is all about wonderful gardening tips along with photography! I had planned to blog about one of her pages today! Looking forward to doing that and growing an Avacado plant and possibly carrot plant (thanks to her instructions) for the first time!
7 things about myself
I have a dolphin tattoo
Lover of wine (especially Mascato!)
Have been to a wine tasting at a winery
Have a change counter jar that I’m saving up for a (one day) vacation in!
I’m growing my hair out longer than I have ever had it before…now just what to do with it all!
Want to see Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, and Keith Urban in Concert. I also would LOVE to see Taylor Swift again!!
I would NEVER personally get my tongue peirced. The thought of a needle in my tongue is quite scary. Although I love peircings and have had them about everywhere else haha!
(Please give me some time to work on this as I just got done with my last list of 15 so I need to check out who some of my latest followers etc are. If anyone knows, how do we view ALL of our followers? I have a list on the side of my page but it updates to latest followers and only shows 50 😦 I know there are people that have been with me since the beginning that I want to revisit and thank . Thanks for any help!)
I can’t believe I’ve been nominated for another award! ah! How exciting! thank you SO much to mischievouseyez who took the time to not only read my page but feel inspired by it!!!
State 7 things about yourself –
I’m a nanny
Absolutely LOVE photography
I’ve changed careers and career goals more than most people have changed their shoes in a lifetime haha!
Would really like to zipline & parasail one day
Admore my Chihuahua Daisy who is licking me at this moment
- My favorite animal is the dolphin
- horror movies scare the ever living shit out of me (I once saw the shining and the ring..dont think ive been the same sinse!)
- I absolutely love reading, writing, and blogging but I tend to mispell things a lot 😦
Before I nominate it’s important to say that I really try to think about the type of award when it comes to who I’m giving it too. If I had awards for each and every follower please know I would give all of those out! 🙂 I get inspired by cooking, photography, literature, DIY, Pinterest ideas, and sometimes just something I read on a blog. Especially those that take the time to write about the bad as well as the good. Those that are honest, real, and not afraid to show it. After careful consideration, I feel the blogs below deserve this particular award. With that being said there are MANY other blogs that inspire me that I Follow! I had to choose 15 though..
Ok so blogs I am nominating….
- Six Sisters Stuff (Your pumpkin fruit dip was AMAZING!)
- amateurgourmet (made your broccoli this weekend for the FIRST time. Never going back to microwavable!)
- whiskandaprayer (Can’t wait to try your no bake Oatmeal cookies!!)
- NakedBouguet (Beautiful Photography and Recipes. Thanks for the Marshmallow one!!)
- TwoPeasAndTheirPod (Two Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Icecream!!….Yes Please!!)
- Sally’sBakingAddiction (I want to devour everything on this website! Really creative & Colorful recipes such as cake batter chocolate chip cookies!)
- RLBMUT (I thought the mini pizza idea was so creative! Looking forward to trying it out soon for lunch!)
- ChildsOwn (The imagination that you must have to turn childrens drawings into toys is so inspirational. They are fantastic! Keep doing what you doing! If I had a child I’m sure I would order one 🙂 One day!)
- MyFridgeFood (Muchos appreciation for the cookie dough greek yogurt recipe!)
- Sunshine Art (Love the DIY mask idea for kids! Great craft for young children who enjoy decorating things.)
- LetsTalkAboutLit (If you love lit and poetry (like me!) check this blog out! Appreciated the interpretation of “Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening”-Robert Frost)
- tresorsdeluxe (Photography of people, places, and fashion. Especially loved pics of the coffee house w/coffee cup chairs!!)
- portentsprodigy (A dear friend, mother, fighter, and survivor. I love reading about the trials she is faced with and the level of maturity in which she handles them).
- darlingeverythingisonfire (My friend, sister, fighter, and survivor as well. We have always done things together and never given up our dream of one day overcoming our past. For the past 10 years I’ve believed in her and have been inspired by her determination to get through school. Love You Jordan)
- monochromejunkie (After reading your PhotoTherapy page I realized that you and I were in fact on the same page! I can relate and my heart goes out to you. Know that you inspire others just by blogging about hard things because it allows people to realize they are not alone in their situation).